Friday, July 23, 2010

Hi there! For my first "real" post, I'll do a quick haul! I feel free to talk about what I need to and not feel restricted by time limits :D Anyway, let's get started. First off, I went to Target to check out the ELF line! I was so happy to see some products and grabbed a few. Here is what I got from Target:


Mechanical Eyelash Tool
I've heard good things about this eyelash curler. I've been using my Maybelline brand one for quite a few years now off and on. I haven't curled my lashes until recently, which I now do everyday. It was only $1 so I didn't feel like I had much to lose trying it out!


Nourishing Cuticle Pen
This tool claims to relieve dry nails and flakey cuticles by moisturizing them. I tried it out when I got home and I have noticed my nails are softer. I will see how continued use works for my nails. I heard it can come off when washing hands repeatedly, so I might keep it in my purse. Very easy to apply!


Concealer Brush
This brush is so so tiny! It's quite cute though. I like how tiny it is, but I'm not sure if it will work for my undereye circles. I know it will be perfect for covering up spot to spot!


Blushing, Bronzing, and Blending Brush
Wow! What an alliteration huh?! Well, this is a brush I can tell is cheap. I mean, it only cost $1, but you can tell. It is angled, which I like, but it's not very full. I will try it out a few times, but I wish I had gone with the Studio Blush Brush. I might grab that next time I'm at that Target [the one in my town does not carry ELF]. I'd also like to get the Studio Concealer Brush, since it's a little larger.


Contouring Blush and Brozing Powder
I bought this, having heard good things about it. And so far [with my one application] I've been happy! I think this is a great blush and bronzer. It will be great for travel since it will cut down on blush and bronzers that I have that are seperate.

So that is the product I got from Target. I'm satisfied with my purchases!


The next stop was Ulta. I had to return my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse I bought because I purchased it in the wrong color [Porcelain Ivory...REALLY?] and also return the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstain which I just was not that happy with. I felt it was too dry and not a color I would use often. So here is what I got at ULTA:


Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in Creamy Natural
So now that I have the correct color, I am VERY happy with my new foundation! I still might stick to a little bit more powder for a lighter look since it's so hot and humid here, but once it cools down, this will be my everyday foundation.


NYX Single Eyeshadow in Rust
Having bought 2 other NYX colors at my last ULTA trip, I wanted to get some more. I really liked the color of Rust, something I don't really have so I picked that up. :]


NYX Single Eyeshadow in Wild Fire
This color is SO pretty! Not only is my favorite color teal [one of my other favorite colors is orange!] but I like how shimmery this one is! Even though I have two other teal eyeshadows...Oh well!


NYX Lip Gloss with Mega Shine in Smokey Look
I bought the color Beige [which is really more of a pink] at my last ULTA trip so I got Smokey Look this time. ULTA's website did not have a picture of Smokey Look so I just grabbed a random one [Perfect] for the image. I really like this one! I love the NYX lipglosses! Maybe I'll try something more funky next time!

So that was my small ULTA haul. I had to restrain myself quite a bit. There were quite a few OPI nail polishes I liked, some headbands I was eyeing, but I kept myself controlled. I also got some bobby pins but that isn't exciting. LOL :]


I bought some clothes at Old Navy as well, but I'm quite tired and will take pictures of those at a later date! Hope y'all enjoyed! Goodnight!

Photos from target.com and ulta.com

1 comment:

  1. I seriously want to try nyx again! I tried it last time and I threw it away and I feel guilty since I only tested it out in less than a week! for the angled elf brush, it works fine but I think after a month a wash, it gets very scratchy!

    ReplyDelete